The core mandate of the Northern Water Services Board as given under clause 53(1) of the Water Act 2002 states that: “A Water Services Board shall, as a licensee, be responsible for the efficient and economical provision of water services authorized by the license”.
Northern Water Services Board has a clear mandate with a core function including but not limited to: –
- Development and management of assets that will ensure development of services and facilities to increase access to water and sanitation
- Hold / lease assets and water services infrastructure.
- Efficient and economic provision of water services as authorized by the Licensee.
- Contract Water Service Providers and ensure efficient and economical provision of services.
- Ensure compliance with licensing requirements by WSPs.
- Assume responsibility of WSP as a last resort